Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The non-glamour nudes!




I see a lot of work out there with very attractive women/models. I see a lot of great work being done and creative concepts. Many with talented make up artists and stylists. Many using Photoshop to create dazzling efx, backgrounds and dynamic looks. I see a lot of the typical..."booty" stuff as well. Some gorgeous women with lovely...ASSets and such being shot in bikinis, thongs, towels, etc. Usually bent over cars, standing on a brick wall or seductively posed on a couch, bed or random studio wall. Problem is, after some time, you can only look at those images for so long before you realize that they're all pretty much the same. Even if the model is different and the post processing fx or styling in the shoot is a bit different. We tend to look at the woman's body and size her up without actually getting a sense of the purity and essence of the female form in it's truly romantic state. They're usually all about the "booty" and no matter how fine the woman is or how seductively posed she is, the shots lack...the "beauty!" This shoot for the Pirelli Calendar with Mario Sorrenti as photographer captures the loveliness and divine beauty of women without having to do anything extreme. The nudity doesn't overwhelm the images to the point where all you see is...ass, breasts or whatever. You see the entire image as gorgeous. The natural setting in Corsica of course helps. I haven't shot (officially, since becoming a professional) any nude women or bikini, booty type of stuff. I would welcome the opportunity if the right model(s) come my way and only if I can be sure enough of myself to create images that will last beyond the first saliva inducing glance of the model and her...ASSets. I have had opportunities to shoot some lovely, luscious models in those SMOOTH MAGAZINE, EYE CANDY type settings. I haven't done so yet. It wouldn't be a hard job to shoot a bootylicious model in studio, or lying on a bed, chaise lounge or standing in a shower pressed up against a wall. But I simply wouldn't see the point. I'd love to shoot something sexy that forces the viewer of the image to not only see the obvious in the image, but to take the whole composition and admire it in it's entirety.

You can view the behind the scenes video of the calendar shoot below:


No comments:

Post a Comment